Monday, May 08, 2006

I've seen your picture and baby, I'm ready to move in!

Over the weekend I got a new email from someone on the dating site, it was a short and simple one that said they liked my profile and how I looked and that they hoped to hear from me. Nothing to set the world on fire, but then I click to go through to his profile and see he's an African living in Switzerland.

Normally I wouldn't respond, but I'm still curious as to why people in other countries look for people overseas, so I sent an email back saying as much and asking why they wanted to talk to someone in New Zealand.

This is the email I got back:
Happy to hear from you. You made my day. According to your question : my first interest is not your country but yourself : you cought my eyes (beautiful girl, charming smile...)and i liked your profile... Then, i saw you live in New Zealand, it's a nice country . My msn is : *&^%@hotmail.com

We can have a chat and you can see me from my webcam

So really that didn't shed a whole lot of light on the situation. And by the way, I couldn't be less interested by the thought of interacting with this person over webcam!

I replied and thanked him for answering my question, and let him know that I'm only interested in meeting men in my own city. I didn't think I'd hear back from him again, but I got another email from him today saying, in essence, that he'd be ready to move to my town 'if you need' and that he hopes to hear from me 'sooner'.

Sheesh, I mean I know I'm kinda cute and all, but that's taking it to the extreme. God knows where I'd end up if I was the kind of person that would think that sounded like a good idea and had some random African Swiss person turn up on my doorstep!

Non, merci.

4 Comments:

At 9 May 2006 at 9:25 am, Blogger NON-WORKINGMONKEY said...

Oh, it's easy. It's called looking for a green card. I get millions of them. Literally millions. Pouring into my inbox. Some of them tell me I'm pretty when I haven't' got a picture up.

Not to say you're not gorgeous in all ways, but you get my point ...

xx

 
At 9 May 2006 at 10:08 pm, Blogger brunette babe said...

Aw shucks, you mean it's not my natural charm? Very disappointing but now I know, I won't waste another minute wondering about what's going on in these foreign men's heads!

 
At 15 May 2006 at 1:05 pm, Blogger The Dummy said...

That's some profile you must have online if you're getting guys to move across the country with just a few emails! :)

 
At 15 May 2006 at 9:23 pm, Blogger brunette babe said...

Aw thanks DD!

But unfortunately, as hot as I am in the world of internet dating, I think Dating Monkey's on the money...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home