Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Hot V-Day date for me?

So, since it's my current destiny to be single right now, for reasons only known by the universe, I figure this might be a good option for me next Wednesday.

To celebrate Valentines Day, library users can have a blind date with a book from 7 to 14 February - simply by selecting an individually wrapped book to see if they meet their match.

Well, I do love books...

And also, I just clicked on Lush Fertile Tantric Astrological Not-boyfriend's profile online and it says he's no longer a member. Do you think I was a last ditch, must-get-value-out-of-my-monthly-subscription date opportunity? He never did call or email to set up dinner (and he doesn't need the membership to do that - he has my real details). Odd.

4 Comments:

At 8 February 2007 at 1:04 pm, Blogger Xeompho said...

Well, thank goodness really. As much as I love you and your hopeless addiction to self-help books, I think that a self-help book boyfriend was probably a step too far...

I do hope the right book will come along for you. And if not - maybe you'll get to unwrap something fun like a Georgette Heyer romance or How To Make Model Airplanes.

 
At 8 February 2007 at 11:49 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment made me smile, you're so lovely!

 
At 9 February 2007 at 8:59 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes there are great events especially for Valentines singles. Over here, there are wine tastings for singles, and there's no better time to mingle and make it blatantly obvious that you're not currently attached. The nice part is, you're all in the same boat so there's no awkwardness.

...and if Lush didn't contact you, then he's probably doing you a favor by eliminating himself from the pool. It's good when people tip their hand earlier rather than later.

 
At 9 February 2007 at 11:06 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know I just looked for singles events on Valentines and can't find any in my city!

That's okay, I have some fun (totally non romantic) stuff lined up - oh, and also a dentist's appointment. Rock on, V-Day 07...

I'm okay with Lush not calling. I think we like each as people, but we're both far too apathetic for it to be any more than that. I thank him for connecting with me and wish him well ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home