Thursday, September 07, 2006

Songs to feel blue to

Lyrics of songs that I will avoid listening to for the foreseeable future:

Alllll byyy myyy-self… Don’t wanna be - all by myself, anymore...
As seen being belted out by a drunken Bridget Jones. Coincidentally – and unfortunately – it’s also apparently my ‘birth song’, number 1 on the charts at the time I was born. I hope that’s not a bad omen.




Heaven forbid you end up alone and don’t know why
From gorgeous and slightly melancholy Denverites The Fray


Who’s gonna love you when your looks are gone?
'Outrageous’ from Paul Simon’s new CD – which you can listen to here



One is the loneliest number that you’ll ever know…
From the Magnolia soundtrack by Aimee Mann.



Instead, I think I’ll take comfort in the lyrics of Lilly Allen, a slightly bitter but oh so funny girl who sings this lovely little number with her gorgeous cockney accent:

I never wanted things to end up this way
You’ve only got yourself to blame
I’m gonna tell the world you’re rubbish in bed now
And that you’re small in the game

You really should listen to it if you get the chance, it’s very catchy…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home